US First Lady Michelle Obama, and recently out openly gay NBA player Jason Collins, are to headline a gala held by the Democratic Party.
Archive | us# RSS feed for this section
A new poll has found that, in the US, millennials are leading the push towards greater acceptance for equal marriage, which 70% saying the support marriage for same-sex couples.
A former NFL player and Super Bowl Champion, has had a speaking appearance cancelled by a church over a congratulatory tweet he sent to recently out NBA star, Jason Collins.
NFL player and human rights campaigner Chris Kluwe has written an impassioned opinion piece in which he addresses the question of why, as a straight man, he supports the gay community.
Just four days after France’s Parliament passed a bill to allow equal marriage and adoption for gay couples, the first wedding trade show aimed at gay male couples took place.
Gay rights organisations pushing for same-sex couples to be included in an immigration reform bill in Washington, have expressed worry as a version of the bill introduced this month makes no mention of same-sex couples.
US State Department bars Raul Castro’s daughter from visiting Philadelphia to pick up LGBT rights award
The daughter of Cuba’s president is being prevented by the US State Department from visiting Philadelphia in order to pick up an LGBT rights award.
The City Council in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has approved a bill which has been hailed as landmark legislation for strengthening LGBT rights in the city.
A transgender student who hoped to become prom king at his Pennsylvania high school is seeking an apology from his principal after he found himself on the ballot for prom queen.
US: Senator claims the media has ‘bamboozled’ the public into thinking gay relationships can be happy
A Republican Senator in Iowa surprised colleagues by using time set aside for free discussion to declare that society, and in particular children, were “bamboozled” by portrayals of fulfilling gay relationships in the media.
- All of tomorrow’s harrowing newspapers on the Woolwich attack 22/05/2013 Sunny Hundal
- MP preaches gay equality to Ugandans, votes against it here 22/05/2013 Sunny Hundal
- Victory! Govt u-turns on Afghan interpreters and plans to offer them asylum 22/05/2013 Sunny Hundal
- Help me find out how to address the UK’s care crisis 22/05/2013 Guest
- Why Cameron faces stiff resistance to gay marriage: mapping the UK religious right 21/05/2013 Unity
Search this site
- Hinckley and Bosworth Cllr John Moore leaves Conservatives to join Liberal Democrats 22/05/2013 NewsHound
- Nick Clegg says coalition “staunch opponents” will work together till 2015 22/05/2013 Caron Lindsay
- Opinion: Referendum debate is a sideshow: the countdown to Britain’s real EU vote starts today 22/05/2013 Giles Goodall
- Opinion: Could there be a “Tory SDP?” 22/05/2013 Andrew Chamberlain
- A victory for equality: 3 pieces of news about the same sex marriage bill 22/05/2013 Caron Lindsay
- More on the alleged forged UKIP nomination paper in Norfolk
- Sending a criminal to prison costs more than sending a child to Eton
- Another week, another round of nasty comments by UKIP councillors and officials
- Watch and laugh: Clarke and Dawe – A Big Week in Publishing
- Ssssh! Don’t tell Tory backbenchers, but…
- David Cameron called ‘marriage wrecker’ and warned of ‘long battle’ over equal marriage in House of Lords 23/05/2013 Joseph Patrick McCormick
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people 23/05/2013 Joseph Patrick McCormick
- Italy: LGBT-supporting priest who called for an openly gay Pope dies at 84 22/05/2013 Scott Roberts
- US: Boy Scouts of America to vote on whether to allow gay members 22/05/2013 Joseph Patrick McCormick
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years 22/05/2013 Scott Roberts
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who ‘display their lifestyle’ 22/05/2013 Joseph Patrick McCormick
- Czech president makes U-turn and grudgingly honours gay academic with title 22/05/2013 Scott Roberts
- Russia: Council of Europe demands protection for gay pride rallies 22/05/2013 Joseph Patrick McCormick
Follow @@DonHarrisonUK on Twitter
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011