An amendment proposed by Conservative MP Edward Leigh, a staunch equal marriage opponent, to amend the Equality Act in order to provide further legal protections for those who disagree with allowing gay couples to marry has been defeated by the House o…
Archive | Equality Act RSS feed for this section
A transgender woman has claimed she was threatened with being banned from a shopping centre, after someone complained about her using the ladies’ toilets.
Isle of Man: Methodist minister defends discriminating against lesbian couple who wanted to rent his property
A Methodist minister on the Isle of Man has defended refusing to rent out his house to a lesbian couple.
The editor of an LGBT magazine in Northern Ireland said he was “hurt” by a printer’s refusal to work with him on the grounds that he was “not comfortable” associating with the magazine’s target audience.
Two Christian guesthouse say they can now legally turn away unmarried straight and gay couples.
A bill proposed by a Conservative MP to amend the Equality Act in order to provide further legal protections for those who disagree with equal marriage has received the support of 86 MPs – but it’s unlikely to become law.
Conservative MP Edward Leigh wants to amend the Equality Act to prevent discrimination on the grounds of a person’s definition of marriage, citing the case of a manager fired for saying he was against equal marriage on Facebook.
Local government officials in Greater Manchester have defended a transport public consultation document that asks respondents to identity their race, sexuality and gender following complaints.
The COE’s decision to vote against the introduction of women bishops is also likely to undermine its opposition to marriage equality, according to an Anglican theologian.
David Cameron has been criticised by the NUS after announcing plans to remove assessments that are designed to ensure the government is complying with the Equality Act.
- What Labour plans to do on the gay marriage vote today 20/05/2013 Sunny Hundal
- Farage ad for Tories urging them to defect makes sense 20/05/2013 Sunny Hundal
- Why we don’t believe Osborne’s latest excuse against the Robinhood Tax 20/05/2013 Guest
- A response: why the ‘Labour for an EU Referendum’ campaign is crucial now 17/05/2013 Guest
- Cameron’s gambit over EU Referendum backfires 17/05/2013 Sunny Hundal
Search this site
- 11 Liberal Democrat MPs vote for registrars to be exempt from marrying same sex couples 20/05/2013 Caron Lindsay
- ALDE Party Congress venue for 2013 announced… welcome to London! 20/05/2013 Mark Valladares
- Mike Crockart MP writes… Reducing reoffending and cutting crime 20/05/2013 Michael Crockart MP
- Opinion: Lib Dem MPs: Vote for equality, human rights and love today 20/05/2013 Adrian Trett
- Stephen Gilbert MP writes… Equal marriage is now a litmus test for Cameron 20/05/2013 Stephen Gilbert
- Sending a criminal to prison costs more than sending a child to Eton
- Another week, another round of nasty comments by UKIP councillors and officials
- Watch and laugh: Clarke and Dawe – A Big Week in Publishing
- Ssssh! Don’t tell Tory backbenchers, but…
- Found: the perfect gift for an on-message Liberal Democrat activist
- Manager: Fined and suspended mixed martial arts fighter ‘doesn’t feel remorse’ for homophobic tweet 21/05/2013 Joseph Patrick McCormick
- Coalition deal with Labour on straight civil partnerships keeps same-sex marriage bill on track 21/05/2013 Staff Writer, PinkNews.co.uk
- MPs reject proposal to introduce straight civil partnerships without a full review 20/05/2013 PinkNews.co.uk Staff Writer
- MPs vote overwhelmingly to hold a speedy review on the future of civil partnerships 20/05/2013 PinkNews.co.uk Staff Writer
- Maria Miller: I am happy to accept Labour’s amendment on a speedy civil partnerships review 20/05/2013 PinkNews.co.uk Staff Writer
- MPs reject legal protection for religious anti-gay equality beliefs 20/05/2013 Corinne Pinfold
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: ‘There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage’ 20/05/2013 Scott Roberts
- Amendment to allow civil registrars to opt-out of same-sex marriages defeated by MPs 20/05/2013 Corinne Pinfold
Follow @@DonHarrisonUK on Twitter
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011